- Techno-optimists “have a fairly common ideology: unfettered free speech, pro-artificial intelligence, anti-mainstream media, and deep skepticism of DEI, political correctness and elite consensus.”
- X has shifted from a hotbed for mainstream media groupthink in 2020, to a hotbed of tech/anti-establishment groupthink for this election. They high-five each other with retweets and X-only interviews.
- Kara Swisher is critical of this crowd and their taunting tactics. She chalks it up to billionaire boredom and the need to be relevant:
- “You can be bullish on many new innovations and still be worried about its implications.”
- If the techno-optimists have a presidential candidate, it’s RFK Jr.. But if they decide a third-party candidate isn’t viable, they seem much more likely to turn to former President Trump than President Biden, based on their posts and podcasts.
- Marc Andreesesn
- effective accelerationism
Duck.com search: “Robert F. Kennedy Jr. climate change 2024”